Listen to your Body!
Listen to your Body!
“Behind every successful woman is herself”. Indeed. Women's role has changed tremendously and is making its greatest impact in our society today. In the last century, women are expected to stay at home and take care of the household and other domestic things, however, as the society started to modernize, it began to recognize and acknowledge the individual identity and capabilities of women.
Women today are expected to accomplish a lot of things whether it is at home, in work or in life. They have proven that they’re not merely housewives or a tool for bringing up children, but they can also succeed in other areas such as politics, business, medicine, law and many others making them a vital element of the society.
In comparison with men, women are faced with a lot more responsibilities - from taking good care of themselves and making a living to being a wife and a mother. Therefore, having a healthy mind and body is very important for a woman to function and fulfill all her responsibilities in life.
Here are some healthy-living tips for a more productive mind and body:
- Having a healthy daily diet that includes eating whole grains (whole-grain bread, cereal, pasta, brown rice or oats), low-fat or fat-free dairy products (low-fat or fat-free milk, yogurt or cheese), protein food (meat, chicken, eggs, beans, nuts), fruits and veggies.
- Exercise everyday because it boosts your heart health, increases muscle and bone strength, and prevents health problems.
- Visit a doctor for regular check-up to keep updated of your medical history and help you stay healthy.
- Sleep at least 8 hours a day.
- Reduce the stress. Practice the deep conscious breathing by holding your breath for a count of 3, then exhale releasing every bit of tension.
Practicing a healthy lifestyle can be tough, but being healthy can bring you a long way. Prioritize your health because it is the key to a happy and fulfilling life. As we celebrate the International Women’s Day, we say our sincerest “Thank You” to all women out there. You are beautiful, strong and brave. Thank you for making this world a whole lot better.