The novel coronavirus is shutting the world down. Businesses are closing, roads are empty, hospitals are getting crowded, and people are panicking.
The question in everybody’s mind now is, when will all of this end? What can we do to end this outbreak?
There is currently no vaccine or treatment available to prevent coronavirus from spreading, but we are taking all the precautionary measures that we can to at least help flatten the curve and contain the people infected with it.
As resources become more limited, we’ve come up with a list of ways that can help you protect yourself and your family amid the pandemic.
• Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
• Put hand sanitizers with at least 60% alcohol all around the house.
• Avoid touching your face especially your eyes, nose, and mouth.
• Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
• If your community has a Covid-19 case, distance yourself from other people especially those who are showing symptoms.
PROTECT THE COMMUNITY
• Isolate yourself if you are sick, and seek medical care immediately by calling the DOH COVID-19 HOTLINE - 894-COVID, or dial 1555 for PLDT, Smart, Sun, and TNT subscribers.
• Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or the inside of your elbow when coughing.
• Throw used tissues right away.
• Wear a facemask only if you are sick.
• Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces.
As scary as it is, the outbreak isn’t ending anytime soon. So, it is best that we do everything that we can, even in isolation, to help stop spreading it for everyone to finally be able to get back on track.
To know more about the COVID-19, visit www.who.int.