What makes your mobile phone so interesting, time-consuming, and attention-seeking nga ba? Most people say it's the application that you install on it. From retail, travel, e-books, social media, to picture editor apps, everything can be acquired from the rabbit hole most commonly known as the "App Store".
I know you’re familiar with these lyrics "and I won't last the day without you" Surely is, we won't or we don't last the day without our dear phone. According to studies, we spend an average of 5 hours using our mobile phone(s). If only we get a peso for every minute spent using it, I bet a single piggy bank wouldn't be enough!
Only this 2016, health apps are catching up with the race--getting the top 3 slot for most downloaded application. It's a good news that most people nowadays are becoming more health-conscious, right? I mean who wouldn't like the feeling of being taken care of whenever and wherever it's convenient.
Not so long ago, you have to have a scheduled appointment with your physician or pediatrician for your medical check-up. Now, with a bit of tap, click, and swipe side by side, instant health care is guaranteed. The growing appeal of mobile apps among physicians is attributed to the fact that they can be easily integrated into clinical workflows and can be run on a wide range of mobile platforms.
There are so many healthapps available in google play or App store. Each of these health apps is tailor fitted on your specific needs (Fitness, Food and Nutrition or Overall Health). Here are 7 of them listed in no particular order:
1. Fitnet. Are you one of those people who can’t carve out time to go to the gym? Here’s the perfect app for you! The app features an abundance of five- and seven-minute targeted workouts, so you don’t have to sacrifice time with your friends and family to achieve your fitness goals. Plus, the app uses your phone’s camera for a whole new kind of selfie—this one measures how closely you follow the moves shown on the screen.
2. Daily Yoga. If you are a yoga fan, then this app is all you need. More than 50 classes shot in HD video are just a few taps away. Each sequence has a specific focus, from increasing flexibility to strengthening your core. Plus, there’s a library with detailed videos of more than 500 poses.
3. Freeletics. Looking for bodyweight workouts? Freeletics has more than 900 that last anywhere from 10 to 30 minutes. Whether you choose to work out in the kitchen, on the subway, or in your office, you can rely on Freeletics to deliver a great workout for your fitness level.
4. Fooducate. Hey friend! Make your grocery shopping time even more fun. Open the app, scan barcodes, and get a quick read on how healthy each item is. It also tracks sleep, mood, and hunger levels. Then Fooducate analyzes all of the information and provides feedback to help you meet your health and fitness goals.
5. Rise. We have the best of intentions when it comes to eating healthy, right? Here’s Rise, the app that really keeps you honest. It pairs you up with a nutritionist, and every day you send them photos of the food you’ve eaten. Based on your specific goal (losing weight, gaining strength, feeling more energized), your nutritionist will help you tweak your diet.
6. Clue. Calling all the girls out there! Never be blindsided by your period again. Clue tracks your menstrual cycle, offering reminders before your next period. As Clue’s algorithm finds the unique patterns of your own cycle, it will provide valuable insights for your everyday life. The app’s designers also promise to never use flowers, butterflies, or euphemisms, so you can face your next period like an adult.
7. Sleep Cycle. Say sayonara to feeling groggy in the morning! This app measures your sleep cycle, as its name suggests. Then it wakes you sometime during a 30-minute window before your alarm when you’re in the lightest sleep state. Sure, you might get up before your alarm goes off, but you’ll feel refreshed and ready to take on the day.
App list courtesy of http://greatist.com/fitness/best-health-fitness-apps.