TITLE: 5 REASONS WHY YOU SHOULD EAT MORE FRUITS
The new year is here, but the binging never stops! Us, Filipinos, sure have a lot of leftover Christmas handa in the fridge that we ought to finish in the coming days (even weeks)! Most of it the unhealthy ones like processed ham, creamy macaroni salad jammed with all kinds of fattening ingredients, syrupy sweet pastries, and of course, unopened bottles of carbs aka beer. But where are the fruits? Well, little to no show.
If you’re the type to list down your life-changing body-focused healthy new year’s resolutions then totally forget about it after a week or two, you’re not alone. We get it, it’s hard to change your eating habits, but let’s face it, it’s harder to undo an unhealthy body.
So, what can you do to somehow help yourself in your quest to fulfill some of your resolutions? Simple—eat fruits.
Fruits provide nutrients vital for health and maintenance of your body. This means you can lie low on taking supplements as fruits have plenty of natural nutrients & health benefits that can help repair and take care of your inside. Don’t believe it? We’ll prove it!
• Fruits have no cholesterol. This means you’re safe from the risk of having a heart attack if you just eat right with fruits on the side.
• Most fruits are low in fat, sodium, and calories. Forget munching junk food, try enjoying a slice of sweet & fleshy fruit instead and you’ll lose the handles in no time.
• Fruits that are high in Vitamin C like kiwis and oranges are important for growth and repair of body tissues. Need your internal or external wound to heal faster? Fruit is the answer!
• Eating fruits rich in potassium may help lower blood pressure, and may also help in reducing the risk of developing kidney complications.
• Fibrous fruits may help reduce the risk of heart disease, obesity, and diabetes.
There are a lot more health benefits that you can get from eating fruits, but keep in mind that it’s still important to have a balanced diet coupled with an active lifestyle for the benefits to come into fruition… (see what we did there?)
If one of your resolutions is to have a fruit-based diet or any other diet fad, then you might want to consult your doctor first as some diet may work out for your friend, but not for you. And lastly, always remember that you can count on Southstar Drug for any of your health-related needs!