For the love of a perfectly smooth legs. . . the answer, (aside from applying your favorite moisturizer). . .shave! A lot of girls make this as a their morning or evening ritual. I have to agree, not only that it prevents hair from curling after wearing jeans, it also gives that glowing skin appearance.
Alright. If you are so close to shifting on the other side and have your legs shaved, here are the important shaving tricks you must know to avoid razor burn, razor bumps and irritation.
1. Understandably, you want to get your morning routine underway, but experts advise hanging out in the shower or bath for about 15 minutes before you start shaving — this will soften the hair and open up follicles. Any longer, though, and your skin will wrinkle and swell, making it harder to score a close shave.
2. Yes, you have that nice razor. But, do you change your blades? Remember, bumps and redness occur due to old blades. So change old blades before it cause infection to your skin.
3. Aiming for a closer shave is not bad. Actually, it fulfills your goal to have that smooth legs. But if you shave upwards to go “against the grain”, then it may cause you irritation and burn. What to do? Make sure to lubricate the skin fair enough and then shave at any direction you want.
4. Shaving in the morning or evening? Your call! But just a tip: shaving at night will leave your legs smoother as when you sleep your legs will swell slightly, which can make hair retreat back into its follicles.
5. Never ever shave "dry." Shaving without moisturizing shaving cream is your recipe for cuts and burns. Also, do not be tempted to use a bar soap to create a lather. It doesn’t help that way. Soap dries out your skin, while conditioner or a cream based product helps to provide moisture, which makes for a smooth shave.
6. This is fine once in awhile, like if you're staying in a hotel, but for every-day use it's best to invest in a four or five blade razor. They provide the smoothest results, letting you navigate tricky areas like your knees and ankles. "Single-blade disposables are likelier to drag against the skin”
7. Treat razor burn soon as possible as it may result to scars -- which will hinder you into achieving smooth and glowing legs. You may apply aloe vera and ice pack. Avoid anything with alcohol, too.
8. If you are one of those girls who think that your boyfriend’s razor blade is more effective than yours, then think again. Do not borrow his razor, use your own as it has the same effect. And of course, for hygienic purposes.
Find the best product for you: Like any beauty product, it’s always good to know what works for your skin before buying shaving cream. For your shaving needs, from shaving creams, razor, to lotion and moisturizer, check out South Star Drugs list of products and get your amazing shaving essentials!