Due to lack of awareness on proper balance diet and exercise needed for an individual to take in a day, lots of health problem are being experienced by majority of the population. Are you one of them? Are you even aware of some common health problems that might occur once you choose to not live a healthy life?
One of the common problems that you might actually experience is the so-called constipation. Constipation usually occurs when you excrete waste less often than normal. Some people have them once to thrice a day while others have them only twice or once a week. So, how about you? When did you have your last bowel movement?
According to the study, going longer more than three or more days without number 2 (pooping) is already long enough to face a greater chance that your feces or stool becomes harder; It will make feces difficult to pass through and this is how constipation attacks. Let’s talk about some possible matters that may lead you for being constipated.
- Not drinking enough water and not eating foods rich in fiber such as fruits, vegetables, cereals and wholemeal bread. This is actually the common cause of experiencing one;
- Lack of exercise;
- Resisting yourself the urge to have a bowel movement;
- Taking some medications especially strong pain drugs such as narcotics, antidepressants, or iron pills which might be having a side effects;
- According to the study one out of five pregnant women will become constipated due to the hormonal changes that slow down the gut movements;
- When you have changed something in your usual activities or diet;
- Stress can actually cause constipation too.
Symptoms of constipation includes having bowel movement troubles. Second is you feel like that there’s a blockage in your rectum that prevents your stools to come out. Third, it feels like you can not completely empty your stool from your rectum that you think you might be needing some help to do it such as using your hands to empty your abdomen and using your finger to remove your stool from your rectum.
There are some of the easy steps that will help you ease or prevent constipation in the first place:
- Eat foods that are rich in fiber such as fruits, vegetables, cereals and wholemeal breads or pasta;
- Drink plenty of water at least eight to ten cups a day. Water help softens your stools;
- Exercise regularly if possible
- Don’t try to ignore the need of using the toilet. Some people choose to suppress the feeling of using the toilet probably because they are busy which in the end will make them regret suppressing it because of the consequences that will possibly occur.
At the end of the day, it’s a choice to live a healthy life. Seek your doctor if it’s necessary. Have a regular check-up. It’s gonna be way better to enjoy waking up and eating delicious foods without worrying about bowel movement problems.