Did you know that the average person takes more than 10,000 steps a day? Our feet can take us everywhere we would like to go to! Without them, we can not attend to the many errands in our to do-lists. However, we have this bad habit of only taking care of the face and hands. Just because our feet aren’t used to greet people, doesn't mean we should be taking care of it any lesser.
Much more so when rainy season arrives, maximum damage tampers your feet especially if you have to travel to office or school, and other places within this rainy weather. It is all the more important to take care of the feet as it remains wet for a long time. The moisture on the feet may lead to bacterial and fungal infections like itching skin, ringworm, redness on the skin and so on. Your feet may even get smelly resulting to athlete's foot!
Before something smelly happens, here we round up essential and reliable foot care tips from during this skin scare season:
● Keep the feet clean and fungus free during the rainy season. Always wash the feet immediately after coming home from the rains. Germs, dirt, fungus and bacteria from outside gather on the feet can lead to infections. Nails of the foot must always be cut short during the monsoon. There is a risk of fungal infections taking place due to dust and dirt gathered under the nails.
● Keep the feet dry by dusting talcum powder after washing them clean. Talcum helps the feet to remain dry. The toes must be given special attention as there is the tendency of bacteria to grow there.
● Exfoliating the feet during monsoons is one of the best care tips for feet. The perfect way to exfoliate feet is to soak the feet in soapy water and scrub them with a scrubber or pumice stone to get rid of the dead skin cells. Moisturizing the feet after cleaning them is good to keep the feet smooth. After that talcum powder must be dusted to keep the feet dry.
● Change the socks daily or also twice a day if they become wet. Always wear dry footwear. It is better to keep two pair of shoes, so that there is time for each one of them to dry.
● Pedicure of your feet is as important as cleaning your feet. You may visit a parlor or do it at home. Just dip spur feet in lukewarm water to which is added some lemon juice or shampoo. Scrub your feet, cut the nails, clean under the nails, file the nails and then apply a good nail polish.
For some unexplainable reason, people think of foot care as a luxury rather than a need. That is why feet is known to be the most neglected part of the body. After having a long and tiring day, our feet deserve a relaxing care. Basic foot care is fundamental to one's grooming routine. It is not just about for the sake of aesthetics, but having a well kept feet denote hygiene. So, it should ideally be a habit, just like the habit of washing your face.
Rainy season feet care tips to avoid infections in this rainy season: https://goo.gl/IDTFX2
9 Top Monsoon Feet Care: http://goo.gl/XCYZg